Couple of days ago, I started using Google's code projects for Git as well. It required me to setup and use .netrc file. Here are steps I took:
- CD to $HOME directory and typing on command line $ cd ~
- Create .netrc file $ vi .netrc
- Add these line to .netrc machine code.google.com login <username> password <password>
- Set permissions "chmod 600 .netrc" to make sure that no one else is able to access this file $ chmod 600 .netrc
- Now, you should be able to push and pull from remote git repo without having to enter password every time.